Washington State Institute for Public Policy
Prev
Next
Return on Investment: Evidence-Based Options to Improve Statewide Outcomes - July 2011 Update -
July 2011
The 2009 Washington Legislature directed the Institute to “calculate the return on investment to taxpayers from evidence-based prevention and intervention programs and policies.” The Legislature instructed the Institute to produce “a comprehensive list of programs and policies that improve . . . outcomes for children and adults in Washington and result in more cost-efficient use of public resources.” The Legislature authorized the Institute to receive outside funding for this project; the MacArthur Foundation supported 80 percent of the work and the Legislature funded the other 20 percent. This main report summarizes our findings. Readers can download the two detailed technical appendices for in depth results and statistical methods.
Related:
Search WSIPP reports


Filter By Topic -
Benefit-cost analysis
Child welfare
Criminal justice
Adult corrections

Juvenile justice

Police

Education
Early education

K-12

Higher education

Employment/Welfare
Evidence-based programs
General government
Health care
Inventories
Mental health
Prevention
State economy
Substance abuse

Filter By Author -
Steve Aos
Neil Bania
John Bauer
Mason Burley
Elizabeth Drake
Danielle Fumia
Sean Hanley
Noa Kay
Stephanie Lee
Matt Lemon
Marna Miller
Annie Pennucci
(show all authors)

Filter By Date
From:  
To:  
BOARD
STAFF
CONTACT
 
110 FIFTH AVENUE SE, SUITE 214
P O BOX 40999
OLYMPIA, WA 98504
 
360.586.2677 PHONE
360.586.2793 FAX
institute@wsipp.wa.gov