The 2019 Washington State Legislature directed WSIPP to conduct an evaluation on the outcomes of resource and assessment centers licensed under RCW 74.15.311 and contracted with the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF). As part of the evaluation, WSIPP was directed to collect data regarding the following:
- The type of placement children experience following placement at a resource and assessment center;
- The number of placement changes that children experience following placement in a resource and assessment center compared with other foster children;
- The length of stay in foster care that children experience following placement in a resource and assessment center compared with other foster children;
- The likelihood that children placed in a resource and assessment center will be placed with siblings; and
- The length of time that licensed foster families accepting children placed in resource and assessment centers maintain their licensure compared to licensed foster families receiving children directly from child protective services.
The report is due to the legislature, DCYF, and the Oversight Board for DCYF by December 8, 2020.